Cupboard Makeover by Michelle Hon
How Michelle achieved this look:
- The old tabletop was removed and replaced. The cabinet was sanded and cleaned afterwards with lacquer thinners.
- Four Queen Ann’s legs were added to give height and a finishing look.
- All holes and wood imperfections got filled with wood filler.
- The cabinet & Queen Legs got 2/3 coats of Lourain’s Cream.
- I added the Blooming Blossoms decoupage paper over the doors and used a craft knife to cut all along the door line.
- I added stencil of paris on front and the sides of the cabinet and shade it partially with a mixture of Lourain’s Cream & little bit of Matt Black to repeat the background of the decoupage paper over the stencil.
- To repeat the deep rich red colour in the flowers I mixed Just Red with little Matt Black to give that Mahogany look on the tabletop.
- Added new handles and sealed all with clear glaze